Blog Image

Newsletters and Updates

Return to homepage:

WoodlandVillage.Condos

June 2019

Meeting Minutes Posted on Wed, July 03, 2019 02:15PM

Letter to the owners was placed on their doors. We will check
in the next couple of weeks to see if the outstanding violations have been
corrected or if there are any new violations. Roxane will be notified if there
are items that need her attention.

The two shut off valves at entrance have been completed. The
main meter has not been installed yet.

The potholes have been repaired.

The sign at the front entrance was approved. Roxane will get
the installment set up.

The Dog Park was approved. It was changed from 6 ft. fencing
to 4 ft. fencing. The cost will be right at $3,852.00.

The landscaping behind #100-#400 building was discussed. It
was agreed at this time putting grass over the whole area will be the best to
do at this time. Improvements, such as steppingstones, will come later.

Cutting the shrubbery was discussed. The immediate need is to
get them trimmed back. The other part is to have them drastically cut. Since
this can only be done around February it gives us time to plan. We are
discussing if this will be an Art project or if we need to go with another
company.

New items that were brought up:

A neighboring condo complex got in touch with Roxane. They
said there is a tree by the #100 building on the hill that is leaning over the
street. They want us to cut it down. Turns out that it is not on our property
but on Homewood City property. Roxane will check with Homewood City to see if
they will take care of it.

There is concern about the way people are driving too fast
through the complex. We will be looking into building up the speed breakers and
possibly adding a few more. This would alleviate the problem.



February 2018

Meeting Minutes Posted on Mon, April 23, 2018 09:53AM

This is the Homeowners annual meeting.

Board Positions
Robert Lawler – President
Caleb Murray – Vice President
Mark Strong – Treasurer
Helen Tully – Secretary
Jessica Hughes Bennett
Blake De Bruyn

Water Usage
Thanks to the chart that Tom created it is much easier to compare the usage for the past few years. At this time it is at the lowest since 2014. Hopefully this will continue for the rest of the year.

Budget Review
At this time collection of monthly dues is down. This has been caused because owners are finishing their last payments on the assessment. The monthly dues are expected to be up to date probably in the next two months.

Roof Repairs
Mainly on the 3 building where the boots had to be replaced. There were also repairs on #1020 and that seems to be OK now.

Grounds Repair
There was erosion on the bank between the 1200 and 1300 building. The area has been shored up to stop any further damage. The cracked sidewalk has also been repaired. The stairs from the sidewalk down to the parking lot are drastically unlevel and need to be replaced.

There were some sewage lines that had to be cleaned out. They were clogged roots.

The 200 building has issues with pooling in front of the building and the entrance way. The best solutions are to put in a larger French drain and better grading to pull the water away.

Other item that was brought up was about pruning back and cutting the shrubbery. A plan or scheduling for this will be discussed at other meetings since this is a seasonal issue.



October 2017

Meeting Minutes Posted on Fri, November 17, 2017 01:29PM

Water Bill

September’s bill for 29 days and 1342 CCD was $18,556.01.
October’s bill for 34 days and 1308 CCD was $12,697.92 after a $8,846.00
credit.

Shut-off Valve

Neighborhood Plumbing had a better price than Hemphill for
installing the new valves so we will be using the new company for this job.

State Farm

Our insurance renewal with State Farm has increased for the
upcoming year. It will be going from $32,158.00 to $38,611.00, an increase of
$6,453.00. We want to look into brokering out the policy. Unfortunately,
because of the fire at the #500 building, this will not be possible for a few
years.

Previous Assessment

Most of the assessment monies has been collected. But this
has caused the delinquents to be a little slow on monthly dues. The delinquents
that need to be have been turned over to the attorney for collection.

#200 Building

The water heater was replaced at a cost of $15,900.

There is also an issue with rain water not draining away
from the front of the building. We are getting pricing for possible gutter
replacement and/or repair. We are also looking into having some of the drains
“snaked out”.

#900 Building

There was an issue involving the renter smoking in the #902 unit.
The renter has moved, resolving the problem.

Remaining issues

Non-compliance letters have been sent out

A couple of issues such as tree trimming and deck railings
will be addressed at a later date.



August 2017

Meeting Minutes Posted on Mon, October 02, 2017 02:58PM

#508 Fire State Farm Claim has been done. There is however a
completing amount of $10,000 that has not been received yet. The signature of
the previous owner is needed to close this out.

Inspections of possible water leaks in several of the
buildings and units have been completed. At this time the #100 building is
being done.

Times for termite inspection in the #200 building will be
set up by Roxane.

The #200 building has a drainage issue in the front. The
initial steps will be to check the gutters and blow out the drain lines. If
this doesn’t solve the problem then we will possibly be looking into replacing
the drain lines.

Also in the #200 building owners have been getting
discolored water. A plumber will be called to see if there is rust in the lines
or the liner. If this is the case the hot water tank will need to be replaced.
The cost for this repair will be at about $10,000 to $11,000. This is an older
tank and it’s replacement was at some
point expected to come up.

In the #900 building, bottom right unit, there is a
complaint of constant smelling of cigarette smoke. This will be looked into but
it is possibly more an owner to owner situation. If so this is not an issue to
be resolved by the association.

The issue of trees being trimmed was brought up but was
tabled at this time.

The pool will stay open till the end of September.



June 2017

Meeting Minutes Posted on Fri, July 21, 2017 10:56AM

Water again was the main topic.

#400 – New shut off valve and meter installed. This has a 2”
line. Later inspected and no leaks.

#300 – Water was being heard but has been resolved.

#1000 –The main focus now for shut off valve and meter. This
is a 1 1/2 “ line.

A water bill credit is expected but has not been received
yet.

#508 – State Farm Claim – The full reimbursement has been
received.

#1004 – The unit was sold again and all fines have been
collected.


The floor was opened for discussions:

#200 – The black drains have split causing flooding. They
will be replaced.

#700 – Gutters need to be cleaned out.

The painting of the decks was brought up. This is a project
that will have to wait till all issues with the water situation has
been resolved.



April 2017

Meeting Minutes Posted on Fri, July 21, 2017 10:55AM

Tom Sims (#1209) gave a presentation concerning our water
issues. He and Roxane took it upon themselves to do extensive research
concerning our water issues. The information they gathered was very much
appreciated. Tom’s presentation was given in a detailed and comprehensive way. The
presentation can be found on the Woodland Village website.

One of the first
points was to establish what normal expected usage is. Part of this can be
achieved by a comparison to other properties similar to ours. Also we can meter a couple of the 2 BR and 1
BR units to see what is being used. There are other steps being discussed to
see where we can catch and correct some of the problems. There are some shut of
valves that are in bad shape and need to be replaced now. We are looking
at creating a schedule to replace all the shut off valves over the next few
months. As these are replaced we want to place meters on the pipes at the same
time. Going forward, this will help to pin point a building that may
have a leakage problem. Roxane did say there was a leak found on the property
that has been fixed. It may be a part in helping to lower our most resent water
bill; from $20,976.96 to $15,205.39.

A few other issues were discussed. At the #200 and #300
building the old damaged concrete drainages were removed and new drainage ways
were constructed. The new construction has fixed the leak in those buildings.

At the #1200 building pilings were placed to stop the
erosion and to stop the mud from draining onto the walkway.

At #508 (fire)
Homewood Inspectors signed off on the work. A check from State Farm is in the
process of being finalized.

The pool is almost ready. It will be either the 1st
week in May but no later than May 15th.

There were some Non-Compliance letters sent out. A follow up
will be done on the issues.

Additional meeting of the board 5/2

This meeting was called for the board to talk about the
information presented in Tom Simm’s report.
The main discussion was about organizing and prioritizing our efforts to
address the water issues and to make plans to correct the problem of leaks.
Once the plans have been finalized a schedule will be sent to the owners. The
plan will be for checking leaks at the buildings and in the units. The
scheduling will include the days and times the owners can chose that will allow
us in the units to check for leaks.



February 2017

Meeting Minutes Posted on Thu, April 20, 2017 04:10PM

New members joining the board:

Paul
DeCarlo

Jennifer
Schilling

We were brought up to date on the
situation with the claim for the fire in the #500 building. Our insurance
policy rate was not raise but the deductible went up from $5000 to $15000.
After 3 years the deductible will be reviewed. The payments on the repairs will
be made in 3 installments. At this time the 1st was made in Dec. The
2nd will be made once there is a sign off on the work.

There is still a big problem with
our water bill. Tom Sims will be looking at a formula that will give us a more realistic
idea of what a normal bill should be. He will be checking into the “base
charge” with BWWB.

We will be getting camera equipment
to monitor the water meter. We will also be looking into having smart values at
the water meters.

Items about the pool -The board
will review the use of the pool during clubhouse rentals. There are desks on
the pool deck that need to be removed.

The board will review assessments
versus “free” improvements.

Some of the items with the
association need to be “refreshed”. We will be checking the AL homeowner’s
association rules. Blackwell Nelson will check to see if liability coverage is extended
to board members. Any new pert ante information will be available to the
owners.

There were reports of trouble
connecting with maintenance. Blackwell Nelson will check on service requests in
queue.

The calendar on the bulletin boards
with the meeting dates had an error. It will be corrected.

There have been some screws popping
up on some of the thru-roof vent boots. Six have been replaced and other boots
will be replaced as needed.

Floor Discussion

Owner suggested power washing the
buildings. Until the water bill is under control this will not be possible.

Owner suggested that everyone needs
to have their AC units cleaned. This way the AC won’t freeze up and leak to the
unit below when it thaws.

#302 – Plumbing repairs were made
on the pipes under the floor.

#405- There is a leak from the
toilet from the above unit. Need to talk with maintenance.

#1012- there had been a leak in the
ceiling that was repaired. However the ceiling itself was not repaired. This will be addressed